2012 Education Program
Welcome to Expressions Dance Company’s 2012 Education Program.
Over recent years, EDC’s education program has flourished into a respected and highly sought after educational resource. We believe this is as a result of our revived commitment to dance sector development, and our aim to create an education program that is useful, meaningful, and relevant to the Syllabus. Over the past two years, we have consulted with teachers; and utilised the QSA Syllabus to create a holistic education program that addresses the three key assessment areas of the 2010 Dance Syllabus – Choreography, Performance and Appreciation.
Download the 2012 Expressions Dance Company Education Program [PDF, 1MB, updated January 2012]
Download the Expression of Interest Form [word doc]
Some highlights of the year ahead include:
- Two major performance seasons – Scripsi Scriptum (Judith Wright Centre, Friday 23 – Saturday 31 March 2012) and Natalie Weir’s where the heart is (QPAC, Friday 10 – Saturday 18 August, 2012).
- An up close and personal introduction to the best emerging contemporary choreographers in Australia at Launch Pad 2012 (EDC Studios, Tuesday 21 – Saturday 25 February 2012).
- Focus – Teacher Professional Development Program – providing teachers with the opportunity to work with professional EDC dancers to refine teaching practise and expand classroom activities (download Focus 1.0 program)
- Workshops – providing students with the opportunity to engage and train with professional dancers in contemporary dance workshops at your school.
- The return of the Brisbane Contemporary Dance Intensive in January and July – week-long vocational dance training for dancers aged 13 years and above including the addition of a more relaxed, informal holiday dance program – SummerDance
- The opportunity for you to request or suggest special activities for your students that may be more relevant to your plans through our By Request program.
If you are interested:
1. Send the Expression of Interest form to Expressions Dance Company as soon as possible to indicate your preferred programs for 2012.
2. We will confirm final bookings with teachers late January 2012.
3. Invoice and payment for the programs will follow, late January to early February 2012.
We hope your school will be a part of EDC’s journey in 2012. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact EDC, either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 3257 4222.